- Features of freelancing
- Types of freelance work
- What freelancers do
- Pros and cons of the profession
- How to become good freelance and make a lot of money
- Decide what you can offer the customer
- Define the target market
- Create a portfolio
- Register on professional sites
- Set the price of your work
- Select orders and complete their quality
- Learn new
- Remember the principle of return
- Where to find a job as a freelancer
Freelancing is not a separate field of activity, but a way of organizing it. Freelancers do not work for a specific company, but offer their services directly. These people become independent contractors, independently choose projects, plan their work schedule. Freelancing helps to organize life in a convenient way, therefore it occupies an increasing niche in the modern structure of employment.
- Craniotomy - operation, consequences and recovery
- How to weave figures from rubber bands on the machine and without it. Weaving figures from rubber bands, video
- Inflammation of the lungs - symptoms in children and the first signs
Features of freelancing
Freelance work, or freelancing, differs from official employment in the absence of guarantees. The specialist himself looks for customers, negotiates the price of services, discusses the terms of the contract, and achieves the fulfillment of agreements on the part of the client. Income directly depends on the availability of projects, the ability to build long-term relationships with customers.
Self-employment differs from small business in a reduced tax burden. Self-employed persons carry out the task on their own, without hired employees. As the client base grows, the freelancer receives orders for large, long-term projects. In this case, it is necessary to register an individual entrepreneur or a legal entity.
Types of freelance work
There are four main types of freelancing on the international self-employment market:
- Full-time freelance work. The employee interacts with the company by working from home at a convenient time.
- Freelance under one contract. The specialist completes a one-time order for a contractor and then looks for a new client.
- Freelance part-time job. A person from time to time provides services to specific organizations.
- Own freelance business. Its owner takes on complex projects, hires other specialists to do part of the work.
What do freelancers do
Most people associate the concept of self-employment with creative professions, IT-sphere. But freelancing is not only about working on the Internet. Answering the question, who is a freelancer, one can cite as an example not only a programmer or copywriter, but also a nurse, teacher, designer.
Common professions that allow freelancing:
- Typesetters, authors of texts. Services for writing, editing articles.
- Teachers. Face-to-face and online lessons in various disciplines, individual and group coaching.
- Programmers. Creation, administration, promotion of sites, applications, software.
- Health workers. Provision of health care services at home.
- Accounting professionals. Outsourced bookkeeping.
- Lawyers, tax consultants. Full-time and online consulting of legal entities and individuals, registration, submission of documents to the Federal Tax Service.
- Sales managers. Remote call center workers.
- Specialists in advertising, marketing. Organization of advertising campaigns on the Internet, promotion in social networks, PR.
Advantages and disadvantages of the profession
- The ability to take only those orders that you want to do. A freelancer himself forms a client base, he can refuse customers who do not like him.
- Independent determination of the value of one's labor. There are no bosses who set the level of salaries.
- Freedom in choosing a schedule, lifestyle. Establish flexible priorities between work and play.
- Preferential taxation. The rates of fees for self-employed citizens are lower than the amounts paid by legal entities or individual entrepreneurs.
- Financial instability in the early stages of development. Revenue gaps due to lack of orders are inevitable until a loyal customer base is formed.
- The need for parallel work on several projects. To build a pool of main customers, you need to act in a multitasking mode.
- The importance of competent organization of working time. You need to plan your day carefully to avoid overwork and burnout.
- Personal responsibility for all aspects of their activities. The self-employed is responsible for the search for orders and negotiations on the conditions, paperwork.
- Loss of a number of social benefits. Freelancers pay taxes and insurance premiums for themselves, do not have compensation for vacation and sick leave.
How to become a good freelancer and make a lot of money
Character and personality traits necessary to achieve success in the self-employment market:
- Discipline. A freelancer must become his own boss: control the timing and quality of the order. You will have to organize your work and personal time as efficiently as possible.
- Perseverance. It is important to be able to cope with difficulties, not to deviate from the set goals, the ability to take the next step after failure.
- Stress tolerance. It is necessary to adequately respond to rejections and criticism.
- Organization. It is necessary to correctly plan the working day, correctly assess your strength, so as not to disrupt the deadlines.
- Communication skills, a competent balance of persistence and flexibility. The ability to find contact with different people will provide a large number of orders.
Decide what you can offer to the customer
A beginner in freelancing needs to identify strengths, present them to the client in the form of a unique selling proposition.
Define the target market
Create a portrait of the target audience, think about what you can offer it. At the first stages, it is important to understand how professional skills meet the requirements of a particular customer.
Create a portfolio
Take time to create an archive of completed orders. It should include the best works, reviews of grateful clients. Creating an attractive portfolio helps to establish new connections in a professional environment, quickly convey your benefits to customers.
Register on professional sites
Create a personal account with a portfolio on several popular resources, online exchanges, apply for vacancies, complete the first tasks. Freelance and remote work sites at the initial stages of self-employment will help you find orders even if you have no experience in the chosen profession.
- How to increase immunity - a child 2 years old
- Avocado - useful properties and contraindications. Benefits of Avocados for Women and Men
- Fortune Cookie Predictions - Wish Texts
Set the price of your work
Calculate the cost of services in advance. Payment should be adequate - to cover time costs and additional costs (if some responsibilities are performed by other people). Price negotiations are an important part of the conclusion of any contract, learn how to conduct them correctly.
Choose orders and carry out them efficiently
Carefully approach the choice of tasks. If you don't like the conditions or have any doubts, learn to say no, even when there is no other job.
Treat each project as your business card, approach any issue with maximum efficiency.
Learn new things
Working as a freelance, you will have to compete with specialists of different levels. To achieve success, you need to constantly develop, learn, invent non-standard approaches to solving complex problems.
Remember the principle of giving back
In freelancing, the principle of giving back, that is, getting a result after the maximum investment, works very clearly. Most professionals take a lot of time and effort to generate a decent income. Due to the high competition, it takes time to gain professional recognition and create a working personal brand.
Where to find a job as a freelancer
You can search for employers on the Internet - on specialized resources, job sites, social networks, message boards, using search engines.
Popular sites for freelancers:
You can promote your services and look for clients offline:
- contact a recruiting agency;
- place an advertisement for your services;
- send out a quotation to customers;
- reach out to clients through acquaintances, friends.