If a person cannot rest well at night, it causes serious harm to health. When insomnia is caused by jet lag, a new diet, it lasts 1–2 days. In the chronic form, problems arise that are dangerous to the body.
- Loss uterus
- Symptoms of swine flu in humans
- Schmorl's hernia of the spine
Lack of sleep increases the likelihood of developing health problems. Insomnia can result in serious illnesses and conditions:
- Stroke and heart attack.
- Asthma attacks, seizures.
- Weakening of the immune system.
- Increased sensitivity to pain.
- Obesity and diabetes mellitus.
- An increase in blood pressure.
- Diseases of the heart and blood vessels.
- Prolonged inflammation.
With chronic insomnia, a person develops anxiety, anxiety. Often he becomes confused and disappointed. The danger is the development of a depressive state.
- What is SNILS and what it looks like, where to get a certificate
- Peach oil in the nose for children and adults. Treatment of the common cold with cosmetic peach oil and contraindications
- How to find an address by last name
Constant sleep deprivation affects productivity and school performance. A person's memory capacity decreases, judgments change. Insomnia and lack of energy make it difficult to make the right decisions, which increases the risk of accidents. A driver who has weakened attention due to lack of sleep is more likely to get into road accidents.
Researchers have found that people with chronic insomnia have a 97% higher risk of death. Scientists compared the two groups. In one, the participants in the experiment slept 7-8 hours a day, in the other much less. The analysis found that in the second group, the probability of death was 12% higher.
Risk factors for insomnia
To prevent dangerous consequences for the body, it is necessary to get enough sleep and eliminate the causes that cause sleep disturbance:
- Frequent stress.
- Night work.
- Use of laptops, smartphones in bed.
- Violation of biorhythms associated with a change in time zones.
- Use of stimulant drugs.
- Excitement about the upcoming event.
- Diseases of the heart, respiratory organs.
- Mental disorder.
- Daytime sleep.