- Sesame oil - beneficial properties
- Why sesame oil is useful for women
- Sesame oil - contraindications
- Sesame oil - application
- Sesame oil for face
- Sesame oil for hair
- Sesame oil for children
- Sesame oil treatment
- How to choose sesame oil
- The price of sesame oil
- Video: the benefits of sesame oil for the body
The homeland of a product called sesame oil is India, but China claims this title, Central Asia, Japan and Africa. It is made from the seeds of sesamum indicum (Indian sesame or sesame) by pressing. It is used in cooking, cosmetology, medicine and many other areas.
Sesame oil - useful properties
- Recipe for compote from apples in a saucepan
- Chicken breast with mushrooms
- Cottage cheese casserole with apples - recipes with photos. How to cook apple cottage cheese casserole step by step
In the cuisine of eastern countries there are many recipes that use sesame oil, which is -other is called sesame. Since ancient times, great attention has been paid to its healing qualities. In our age of progress, scientists have conducted research and confirmed the assumptions of our ancestors. The beneficial properties of sesame oil and indications for use are not a myth, but a proven fact. The product includes:
- Lecithin, which helps restore liver cells.
- Phytin, essential for diseases of the nervous system.
- Beta-sitosterol and choline, which regulate blood cholesterol.
In addition, it contains copper, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, zinc, potassium and other beneficial trace elements and vitamins C, E, A and group B. In small amounts it contains: oleic, stearic, linoleic, palmitic acids. Thanks to this combination, it retains beneficial antioxidant properties for a long time and controls the acidity of the blood.
Why sesame oil is useful for women
The use of the product has a beneficial effect on all people, but the benefits of sesame oil for women of any age are much more effective. Doctors advise using folk recipes in the following cases:
- During pregnancy planning, in order to make up for the lack of vitamin E.
- During pregnancy for the correct development of the embryo.
- When feeding for good lactation.
- For constipation, it moisturizes the intestines, cleanses stool and acts as a mild laxative.
- In the premenstrual and pre-climatic period, to help overcome emotional and physical discomfort.
Sesame oil - contraindications
Any medicinal substance should be used with caution so as not to get harm instead of the expected effect. Sesame oil also has contraindications. Among them:
- Increased blood clotting in varicose veins and thrombus formation.
- Allergy to the product, its intolerance.
- Taking medications containing aspirin, estrogen hormone and oxalic acid.
It is also necessary to start the introduction into the diet gradually, in order to stop taking it in case of contraindications. The starting dose is 1 teaspoon per day. Gradually, it can be brought to 3 tablespoons. Traditional medicine experts do not recommend subjecting sesame oil to strong heat treatment. In this case, it will lose its usefulness. It is better to add it to ready-made cooled food.
Sesame oil - application
It is difficult to identify any area in which the use of sesame oil is most popular. These include: cooking, cosmetology, proper nutrition, fitness, folk, traditional medicine and many others. The properties of sesame oil and indications for use allow the creation and implementation of new recipes.
Sesame oil for face
Vitamins A and E have a magical effect on the skin and have sunscreen properties. Cosmetologists advise using the composition of sesame oil for the face with dry skin. Good results can be obtained in the treatment of dermatological diseases and defects:
Due to the content of magnesium, the oil also has anti-stress properties - its use before going to bed in the morning will give the face a "rested" look. For the same reason, the product is used at the first signs of aging, to eliminate expression lines near the eyes and mouth. If you use it regularly, then the improvements will become noticeable to others within a week.
Sesame oil for hair
In India, almost all women have thick and long braids. This is because they use sesame oil for their hair. It is harmless, suitable for all hair types and is applied alone or with other ingredients. It is used if there are problems with hair:
- hair loss;
- early gray hair;
- fungal diseases of the scalp.
In addition, it helps fight ultraviolet radiation and stimulates rapid hair growth. The simplest recipe:
- Heat 1 spoonful of oil in a water bath.
- Apply to moisturized hair.
- Hold for 3-5 minutes.
- Wash off with a suitable shampoo.
Sesame oil for children
The product has found wide application in medicine and successfully treats many diseases, but can sesame oil be used for children? Pediatricians who do not deny alternative methods suggest starting with a few drops and no earlier than the child reaches 1 year. For such babies, 3-5 drops per day are enough. In 3-6 years, the dose is increased to 5-10 drops. Children 10-14 years old - up to a teaspoon a day.
- How to clean silver at home from blackness
- Pork stew: recipes with photos
- Tiberal - instructions and indications for use in candles or tablets, composition and side effects of the drug
Treatment with sesame oil
Experienced doctors do not ignore folk knowledge and prescribe sesame oil treatment in some cases. Sesame seed is used for:
- for asthma;
- for hyperthyroidism;
- for pulmonary diseases;
- while breastfeeding;
- with anemia;
- with internal bleeding;
- for obesity;
- for dry cough;
- for shortness of breath;
- with a cold;
- in diabetes mellitus.
In Ayurveda, the ancient oriental science of proper nutrition and lifestyle, the substance is taken both externally and internally. The dosage is strictly determined according to the body type. For someone, rubbing in oil for therapeutic massage or applying masks is suitable, while someone can safely use it inside with all dishes to improve digestive processes.
How to choose sesame oil
Collecting seeds begins after they have ripened. Branches with fruits are cut off and placed in a dark place vertically for a month. If the process is not followed, the protective capsule does not burst and a small yield of product is obtained. The species differ slightly in color - they can be dark and light. It depends on whether the seeds have been roasted or not.
Light is obtained from unrefined oil when cold pressed, from seeds that are not processed, its aroma and taste are not so intense. Suitable for those who have already tried sesame oil, but did not like it. For dark, fried seeds are used, which have a strong pronounced smell. It is put only in cold dishes and is used for aromatherapy. The shade does not affect the benefits and harms. Store after release for no more than a year.
Tips on how to choose sesame oil through the catalog of the online store:
- Buy sesame seeds. They are sold in any supermarket and taste them. This makes it easier to decide if you like the product or not.
- Look at the photo. Does it really show the color of oil that is stated in the description? Can be compared with other resources as needed.
- Ask about the expiration date.
- Read reviews about purchases on this site, ask buyers if the picture matches the product received.
Sesame oil price
The product can be ordered from pharmacies and specialized websites of different manufacturers under the name sesame oil. Raw materials are growing abroad, so they cannot be inexpensive. The price of sesame oil should not be lower than 150-180 rubles per 100 g. For comparison, you can see the cost in the table.