This product has generated a lot of controversy. Manufacturers add palm oil to culinary, dairy products due to its low cost. Nutritionists are worried about the high cholesterol levels that appear when the product is abused. When can oil be beneficial to health?
This product is obtained from the fruit of oil palms that grow in Africa, Southeast Asia. The oil is semi-solid at room temperature. It is used for cooking, added to chocolate, baked goods, margarine and cream. The product tastes like carrots and pumpkin.
- Aspirin face mask
- How to cook mushrooms right. How long does it take to cook frozen, dried or fresh mushrooms
- Diet for hypertension - table number 10 with a menu for every day. Proper nutrition and food with high blood pressure
- Pinched nerve in the lower back
- Sesame seed - benefits and harms and how to take black and white sesame seeds
- What is intestinal colitis and how to treat it in adults
Palm oil is 100% fat, half of which is saturated. It is used to make soap, toothpaste, and cosmetics. The product is used in the production of biodiesel fuel.
Medical research has proven the health benefits of palm oil:
- The product contains vitamin E, which supports the health of the brain. It slows down the progression of dementia, reduces the likelihood of developing a stroke, and stops tissue damage.
- The product contains carotenoids, which the body converts to vitamin A. Palm oil is used to treat people who are deficient in this substance, including pregnant women and newborn children. It is useful for patients with cystic fibrosis who find it difficult to absorb fat-soluble vitamins.
- Oil protects the heart from disease. Its regular use lowers the level of "bad" cholesterol and increases the levels of "good". In people with heart disease, the product slows down the progression of the disease.
- Antioxidants in the formulation reduce oxidative stress caused by free radicals and minimize inflammation.