monitor the production of testosterone. Its deficiency negatively affects health and appearance. With age, due to improper diet, lifestyle, the level of the hormone decreases. There are several ways to naturally increase testosterone in men.
- Borscht in a slow cooker - step by step recipes with photos. How to cook Ukrainian or classic borscht in a slow cooker
- What are fertile days for women. How to determine the period and window of fertility in the women's calendar
- Exercise bikes for home - which is better for home
Proper nutrition activates hormone production. To do this, the glands require a certain amount of zinc and magnesium. Testosterone-producing Leydig cells need cholesterol. Broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage help flush estrogen
Intake of cholesterol and fat increases testosterone levels. A man's daily menu should include raw eggs, pork or beef. Many people think that cholesterol is dangerous for the heart. This is not entirely true. "Bad" cholesterol, which is deposited on the walls of blood vessels, is harmful.
Foods for breakfast and lunch
- Eggs are rich in protein. They are best eaten raw.
- Spinach - Use it as a salad base. Leafy greens contain magnesium and zinc, which help raise testosterone.
- Meat - Beef provides the body with the protein needed to build muscle. The more there are, the higher the level of the sex hormone.
- Brazilian or walnuts - contain a lot of fats, selenium, which stimulate the production of cholesterol.
- Avocados or olives are a source of saturated fat needed for a natural steroid boost.
- Balsamic vinegar - substances in the composition help to control the level of insulin, which is interconnected with testosterone.
- Olive oil - Rich in saturated fat that stimulates Leydig cells to produce cholesterol.
In the evening, you can eat any food. Chicken, rice, cutlets, or vegetables and meat are good choices. The main thing is that the foods contain a lot of protein or saturated fat.
Recommendations for the evening meal:
- Do not give up carbohydrates. Their deficiency negatively affects the level of the sex hormone.
- Cut back on fast carbs - sugar, candy. Replace them with slow ones - whole grain breads, fruits, cereals, vegetables, or durum wheat pasta.
- Finish dinner as soon as you feel full.
Studies have shown that a high protein, low carbohydrate diet lowers testosterone levels. A balanced diet containing fats reduces their reserves in the male body. This is due to the fact that with an increase in testosterone levels, deposits on the abdomen and thighs are burned. Use nuts, pumpkin seeds, or broccoli as a snack.
It is better to refuse alcohol. Alcoholic drinks increase estrogen levels. As an exception, you can drink a can of beer or a glass of wine. Allowed 2-3 times a week to eat a little dark chocolate.
- Diet 1 positive blood group
- Broccoli - benefit and harm. Composition and recipes for cooking dishes with broccoli with photos
- Beadwork for beginners
Vitamins, dietary supplements will be useful only with proper nutrition and sufficient physical activity. Do not expect to stimulate testosterone production only with multivitamins. If you eat fast food, lead a sedentary lifestyle, the level of the hormone will steadily decrease.
- Vitamin D3 is a very valuable substance for the body. It is produced in the skin by exposure to sunlight. If you don't get much sun or live in northern areas, take supplements.
- Whey Protein, Creatine - contain substances needed for muscle recovery after strength training.
- Caffeine - Use in moderation. An excess of the substance increases the level of cortisol, which reduces the production of the sex hormone. Drinking coffee in the evening worsens sleep, which also has a bad effect on hormones. Drink energy drinks before the gym to heighten the effect of your workout.
The next way to increase testosterone levels in men is through exercise. Exercise forces the body to produce more steroid. Exercising in the gym helps to increase muscle mass and reduce body fat. Adipose tissue converts testosterone to estrogen. The less body fat, the higher the level of the "male" hormone.
Outward signs of low testosterone manifest as female obesity. A man has a soft, loose belly, fat is deposited on his chest, back, arms. To overcome these deficiencies and increase steroid production, you need to engage in strength training.
Approximate lesson plan:
- Divide the workout into blocks. Do basic squats, bench presses, deadlifts, and shoulder press exercises. Exercising for major muscle groups will stimulate testosterone production.
- Move to higher weights gradually.
- Take a break between blocks - not less than a minute, but not more than two. You need constant muscle tone.
High Intensity Interval Training
Exercise should complement weightlifting. This is a short, intense exercise followed by a quieter recovery period. An example is running 100 meters, then returning to the start at a slow pace. The exercise is repeated several times to improve fat metabolism and increase muscle volume.
- Avoid overvoltage. If you exercise a lot every day, your testosterone levels will drop. Give the body the opportunity to recuperate
- Take 2 weekends per week to take a break from intense interval training.
- Move more during the day. Go for a walk or run or go cycling with friends.
Other ways to increase testosterone in men
- Sleep 8– 9 hours. A good night's rest promotes increased production of the sex hormone.
- Try not to be nervous. Stress triggers the production of cortisol, which decreases testosterone levels.
- Have sex regularly. The more often you do this, the higher the level of the "male" steroid will be.
- After training, take a cool shower or bath 2 times a week for 15 minutes. This stimulates the production of the hormone.